Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A couple of my favorite french items for today.


 1.

I've been craving this for a while now. Hopefully I will be attending a french wedding very soon. This Croque en Bouche is traditionally a french wedding cake. It is très délicieux and everything and anything I would ever want in a desert. 



2.
Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres' Le Grande Odalisque 1814 (Louvre, Paris, France) has inspired me today with its everlasting beauty that truly stands the test of time. Having studied in David's school in France, he was a well trained artist yet did not let the restrictions of anatomical realism in neoclassicism interfere with his Romantic vision for this gorgeously rendered sensually exotic harem woman. Ingres did not consider himself a modernist, he strove to be like Rafael and create works whose spirit would remain alive through epochs that would follow its time of creation. In my opinion, he succeeded.


No comments:

Post a Comment